We have engaging volunteer opportunities including: guiding groups on tour, greeting guests at parties and ceremonies, designing exhibit displays, researching curriculum, performing data entry, cataloging collections, and more. The History Center’s current volunteer positions include:
Orange County Regional History Center volunteers receive the following:
- Convenient downtown Orlando parking
- Discounts in the Emporium gift shop
- Previews of limited run exhibitions and gallery training
- A free one year museum membership for 100 volunteer hours of annual service
- Volunteer field trips, training and events
- Annual volunteer celebrations
- Presidential volunteer service awards
Summer Volunteer Opportunities
For students ages 15 and older
Our Adventures in History Summer Camp is a great way to earn community service hours. And it’s an excellent opportunity for prospective future teachers.
Dates: June 12 – August 11, 2017
Shifts: Volunteers must be able to work a full week of camp at a time. Shifts are Monday-Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 1 – 6 p.m.
Duties: Assist teacher and children with camp crafts, activities, breaks, and classroom organization. Follow all classroom rules and model correct behavior.
Deadline: Fill out the volunteer application and submit with a teacher’s letter of recommendation by May 26, 2017. Students will be contacted for an interview with their parent or guardian at the History Center. Attending a mandatory orientation is also required.