Thursday, May 17
Join hundreds of visitors who converge in Downtown Orlando for 3rd Thursday Orlando’s Gallery Hop and Business Networking events! The museum offers free admission from 6 – 9 p.m. Explore our permanent exhibitions celebrating Florida’s 12,000-year history.
Our galleries include the following areas:
- Natural Environment – Discover our region’s unique flora, fauna, and rock formations, and how Winter Park’s famous sinkhole swallowed a city block, some automobiles, and a house
- First People – Go back in time and discover Native American life in pre-European Florida
- First Contact – See how the arrival of the Spanish changed the lives of Native Americans forever
- Pioneer Cracker Home – Journey back to 19th century living, testing household items such as a butter churn
- Destination Florida – Explore 100 years of tourism before Disney
- Cattle and Citrus – Central Florida’s first major economic enterprises relied on natural resources
- Aviation – From the replica World War II B-17 bomber to John Young’s trip into space, from Orlando Air Base to Kennedy Space Center, the sky’s the limit in Central Florida history
- Courtroom B – Witness the grandeur of the original 1927 courtroom where it’s rumored Ted Bundy was arraigned
- Walt Disney World – Follow the fascinating transition from small town to today’s tourist-centric community
- How Distant Seems our Starting Place – The stories of the tragedies and triumphs of the African American community in Central Florida, spanning more than 300 years on the journey to freedom
- The Road to Modern Orlando – Follow a timeline from 1842’s Mosquito County (Orange County’s original name)
Visit the NEW 3rd Thursday Art Market at Heritage Square in front of the museum.