Presented by the History Center in partnership with the Florida Film Festival
Win two tickets to the invitation-only Florida Film Festival Sneak Preview party on March 9!
The Orange County Regional History Center and Florida Film Festival are celebrating landmark anniversaries this year and invite the community to join us in celebrating local heritage by participating in the One-Minute History Video Contest.
The History Center, celebrating its 10th anniversary in the historic downtown Orlando courthouse, showcases 12,000 years of Central Florida history in three floors of permanent exhibits. Members of the community are encouraged to create smart, surprising, fun videos that tell Central Florida's rich history in one minute or less. Contest participants are invited to the museum to explore exhibits and shoot footage.
February 22, 2011.
Winner will be notified by March 2, 2011.
The Florida Film Festival, taking place April 8 through April 17, is offering exciting contest prizes while celebrating its 20th anniversary with a tribute to its native state. The winner of the One-Minute History Video Contest and a guest will be invited to attend the festival’s invitation-only Sneak Preview party on March 9, 2011, where they will be announced as the winner. The winning video will be posted on the History Center website and will be considered for screening on the Florida Film Festival website. The winner will also receive a one-year Membership to the Orange County Regional History Center.
1. Be one-minute or less in length and meet YouTube file size requirements.
2. Incorporate footage shot at the History Center. Download Pass
3. Include provided graphic featuring History Center and Florida Film Festival. Download Graphic (Right click image to save)
Contest Rules and Guidelines:
- Videos must be family friendly. The selection committee reserves the right to refuse entries deemed not appropriate for family audiences.
- The History Center and selection committee reserve the right to deny entries using copyrighted material without the appropriate rights.
- Videos must be submitted by persons 18 years of age or older. If under 18, please have a parent or guardian submit the video on your behalf.
- Entrants retain the rights to videos, but grant the Orange County Regional History Center, Florida Film Festival, and their partners unrestricted, royalty-free, perpetual right to use, reproduce, communicate, modify, and display the video (in whole or in part) for any purpose without any fee or other form of compensation, and without further notification or permission.
- Videos submitted after 11:59 p.m. on February 22, 2011, will be disqualified.
- The selection committee’s decision will be final.
The selection committee will choose the winners based on the following criteria:
1. Did the entry adhere to video requirements and contest rules?
2. Does the video include substantial and accurate historical information related to Central Florida?
3. Is the information conveyed in a creative, original, or entertaining way?
4. How well was footage shot at the History Center incorporated?
CLICK FOR SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS AND ENTRY FORM
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
SEE YOU AT THE MUSEUM!