Library & Archives
The History Center’s library and archives are located in the Joseph L. Brechner Research Center and feature more than 5,000 volumes including:
- Sanborn fire insurance maps; building permits; city directories; architectural and real estate resources; and genealogy resources
- Local history reference books; directories of local organizations dating from the 1800s; and high school yearbooks
- Clipping files on thousands of subjects, including local individuals and families, businesses, and significant events
- Personal papers of notable individuals including civic and government leaders
- Records of local organizations and businesses
- Central Florida maps from the 1840s to the present
The Brechner Research Center is on the History Center’s fifth floor. It’s free to the public by appointment. To schedule, contact our historian, Adam Ware, Ph.D., at 407-836-8541 or Adam.Ware@ocfl.net.
Monday – Friday; 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.