Application Deadline: Until position is filled, two vacancies available
Pay: $17.50/hour, parking provided
Location: Orange County Regional History Center, 65 East Central Blvd., Orlando, FL 32801
Job Description: The Museum Educator plays a key role in providing engaging instruction for all education-based programming. This position facilitates school tours, virtual and in-person outreach, youth and family events, camps, and adult public programming. This position also assists in the research and development of educational curriculum and resources.
The position is contract, hourly/non-exempt, at 15-20 hours weekly. Shift hours may include, but aren’t limited to, select days Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. with additional evening and weekend hours as required for special events. The position does not receive benefits, except for parking.
Reports to: Curator of Education
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitation of education programs – including guided school and group tours, virtual field trips and workshops, in-school workshops, outreach, scout workshops, home school programs, family days, adult programs, community events, summer camp, and public programming
- Assists in the research and development of educational curriculum and resources – including K-12 standard-based curriculum, home school lesson plans, camp curriculum, and general youth and family activity plans
- Provides general administrative assistance – booking and scheduling education programs
- Assists in other areas and performs related duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Must have an interest in working with children
- Excellent customer-service skills and a positive and friendly disposition
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Teaching experience in a formal or informal setting
- Experience presenting to large groups
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
The above description and qualifications are not all-inclusive and represent a majority of the key responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned in the course of activities as required to fulfill the directives of the museum and strategic plan. The work environment is primarily in the museum with some in-school, offsite, and outdoor activity. Duties may include some moderate lifting.
*Final candidates must pass a background check, drug screen, and be lawfully able to live and work in the United States.