Take Home a Piece of Our Past and Name Your Own Price
Saturday, August 10, noon – 2 p.m. (Doors open 10 a.m.)
As we get ready for our big upcoming renovations, we’ve found a stash of treasures in the museum’s hidden corners. From gargantuan gators to magical mermaids, we got just the right amazing object to bring a true touch of Florida and fabulous fun to your home or office!
We’re talking about everything from massive manatees to a compact King Kong—even the pretend claw of a giant sloth, and it’s pretty scary. In short, a plethora of one-of-a-kind treasures, ranging in size from 6 inches to more than 6 feet, that spell out the wild, wacky, and wonderful state we’re in.
On August 10, from noon to 2 p.m., we’ll part with our Fabulous Floridiana during an exciting live auction, led by a professional auctioneer. Proceeds benefit the Historical Society and support History Center programs. The museum will offer free admission, and you can preview our treasures starting at 10 a.m.
On August 8, from 6 to 8 p.m., you’re also invited to a Fabulous Floridiana Preview, and we’ll also highlight a selection of auction items on social media.
Please note that most of these props or models go back to the museum’s opening almost 20 years ago; they must be sold “as is,” so you’ll want to check them out before bidding. All items are props and models used within the exhibits of the History Center. No items were or are part of the Historical Society’s historical collection.
Questions? Contact our membership director, Heidi Jordan, at Heidi.Jordan@ocfl.net or 407-836-8559.
Auction items include:
• Alligators (ranging from 2 to 7 feet)
• Barrels (wooden)
• Buckets (wooden)
• Camper models
• Cattle horns
• Citrus trees arrangement
• Columns, two tall Corinthian
• Crop-dusting airplane
• Cuban-made tiles from the now-gone Orange County Courthouse Annex
• Drive-in speakers (real)
• Flags (French, Spanish, British)
• Flamingos (large)
• Gavel (large)
• Large-wheel bicycle
• Locomotive and train cars
• Model T (“jalopy”)
• Muscovy duck
• Orange Crush speaker & amplifier (real)
• Postcards (mounted)
• Red Diving Girl figure
• Red Lobster sign
• Sailing ship
• Seminole dolls
• Sewing machine (real vintage Singer)
• Shells (faux)
• Sloth claw (giant sloth)
• Space Shuttles (large)
• Spinning wheel
• Stetson-style hats (large)
• Travel trailer (silver teardrop) and woodie wagon
Auction conducted by Alan Frenkel Auction and Realty, License numbers AB3436AU1522. A 15% BP (buyer’s premium) will apply to all sales.
Auction Terms and Conditions
• Open to the public
• Everything sold on an “AS-IS” basis
• Auction conducted on-site, rain or shine
• Bidding begins at noon
• All sells to the highest bidder, regardless of price!
• 15% Buyer’s Premium charged
• Payment in cash or credit card
• Payment in full day of auction
• Removal day of auction
• Inspection on August 8, from 6 to 8 p.m., and on August 10, 10 a.m. to noon