Guided Field Trips to the History Center
We offer a variety of themed options for field trips to best fit your curriculum needs. Each field trip option allows for hands-on exploration of the museum, with additional activities and experiences.
Available field-trip themes:
- Highlights of the Museum (all grade levels) – A comprehensive overview of 14,000 years of Florida history, spanning a variety of content areas. Enjoy free supplemental activities.
- First Floridians (4th – 6th grade focus) – A look at the lifeways of Florida’s indigenous people, with a focus on the Timucua and the Seminoles. Enjoy free supplemental activities.
- Breaking Barriers (7th – 12th grade focus) – An exploration of Black history in Florida, through the stories of those who broke through barriers and inspired change. Enjoy free supplemental activities.
- Pioneer Hustle (K – 3rd grade focus) – An overview of life as a pioneer, with a look at what it took to survive on the Florida frontier. Enjoy free supplemental activities.
Onsite field trips include:
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. schedule, with five rotating stops
- Hands-on workshop based on selected tour theme
- Courtroom mock trial experience
- STEM challenge activities, hands-on replicas and primary sources*
- Standard-based lesson plans emailed to teacher
*Activities and exhibits are subject to change
Cost for Field Trips: $8 per student. Adult educators are free. $8 per additional chaperone. Educators are free.
Minimum of 15 participating students (children over age 4), 75 participating students max per day.
Onsite Guided Field Trips are available for homeschool groups Monday-Thursday, August 28, 2023 – May 16, 2024.
Self-Guided School Tours
Self-guided tours of the History Center are available year-round and allow educators and children to set the pace and guide their own experience through the museum. These tours include:
- Suggested exhibit-rotation schedules
- Teacher guides for each exhibit
- Standard-based scavenger hunt for students
Cost for Self-Guided Tours: $6 per student. Adult educators are free. $8 per additional chaperone.
How to Book Your Field Trip
Registration for field trips is available online. Click the link below to complete the registration form.
A $50 deposit is required to reserve a date for field trips (cash, check, or credit card). Deposits are refundable with notice of cancellation no less than two weeks prior to your program date. Deposits are applied to the total cost of your tour. Upon arrival at the History Center, we will collect the remainder of the payment. Group bookings must submit one payment for the entire group.
Sign up to receive monthly information and classroom resources from the History Center Education Team.