Saturday, January 25, 2020
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Celebrate Orange County’s Beginnings
It’s Orange County’s Septaquintaquinquecentennial! Who knew? Join us in celebrating the day 175 years ago that changed Central Florida forever – when Mosquito County dropped the name of a pesky insect and turned Orange. Admission is free for this event.
We’ll celebrate our county’s rich heritage, as we sip Florida’s homegrown yaupon “tea,” munch citrus-inspired treats, and enjoy fun activities for families.
- Enjoy Florida folk music performed by Colton and Rachel McCormick
- Learn about native plants from experts at Orlando’s Leu Gardens.
- Sample homegrown brews from Yaupon Brothers American Tea Co.
- Discover other Central Florida historic sites and museums, including
– The Holocaust Center in Maitland (demonstrating VR headsets about Anne Frank’s house)
– Zellwood Historical Museum
– Museum of Seminole County History
– Lake Mary Museum
- Plus, gather useful information about Orange County’s services and resources, including
– Parks & Recreation
– Orange County Library System
– Mosquito Control
Note: Activity supplies are available on a first-come, first-served basis.