Application Deadline: November 18 or until the position is filled
Pay: $17.50/hour, parking provided
TO APPLY: Please visit www.ocfl.net. Click on the employee tab, then career opportunities, and then external applicants. Search for job ID 30448 and click on the link. You will then be directed to apply for this specific job posting.
Location: Orange County Regional History Center, 65 East Central Blvd., Orlando, FL 32801
Job Description: The School Services Associate plays a key role in providing support for the History Center’s school services programs, including planning and coordination, administrative support, and instructional assistance as needed. This position also assists in the research and development of educational curriculum and resources.
The position is contract, hourly/non-exempt at 20-25 hours weekly. Shift hours may include, but aren’t limited to, select days Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. with additional evening and weekend hours as required for special events. The position does not receive benefits, except for parking.
Reports to: Curator of Education
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administrative coordination of school services programs, including maintaining school services calendar, booking field trips and group tours, coordinating with teachers, etc.
- Coordinates daily field trips, including check-in, managing tour schedule, responding to teacher and student needs, creating facilitator schedules, etc.
- Facilitation of education programs as needed – including guided school and group tours, virtual field trips and workshops, in-school workshops, outreach, scout workshops, home school programs, family days, adult programs, community events, summer camp, and public programming
- Assists in the research and development of educational curriculum and resources – including K-12 standard-based curriculum, home school lesson plans, camp curriculum, and general youth and family activity plans as needed
- Supports all youth camps & classes, as well as public programming as needed
- Assists in other areas and performs related duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Must have an interest in working with children
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer-service skills and a positive and friendly disposition
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Teaching experience in a formal or informal setting
- Experience presenting to large groups
- Computer skills – Microsoft Word, Publisher, and Excel
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
The above description and qualifications are not all-inclusive and represent a majority of the key responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned in the course of activities as required to fulfill the directives of the museum and strategic plan. The work environment is primarily in the museum with some in-school, offsite, and outdoor activity. Duties may include some moderate lifting.
*Final candidates must pass a background check, drug screen, and be lawfully able to live and work in the United States.