Stay tuned for information about our 2022 Summer Camps!
History and fun collide at our Adventures in History summer camp program. We provide a safe and fun learning environment that combines cool historic facts with STEAM content through hands-on activities. Campers will discover the history that surrounds us every day!
We offer classes for ages 6-8 and ages 9-11.
Safety is Our Top Priority
To help ensure the safety and well-being of campers and staff, we follow current Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), state, and local guidelines that include, but are not limited to:
• Implementation of social-distancing strategies
• Intensified cleaning and disinfecting
• No-contact curbside drop off and pick up
• Classroom and education spaces are not accessible to the public
• Campers are issued their own set of supplies for the week
Members-Only Early Bird Registration
January 30-February 14: $150
General Early Bird Registration
February 15-April 5:
Members $150, non-members $175
Regular Prices begin April 6:
Members $175, non-members $200
Note: Orange County Government employees receive the same discount as History Center members; call 407-836-8580 for details.
Camp Tuition Includes:
- Morning and after care
- Camp T-shirt
Camp: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Morning care: 7:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
After care: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.*
*A fee of $1.50 per minute will be charged per child after 6 p.m.
Curious About Our Camps
Join us for a virtual open house on either May 8 or May 15 at 10 a.m. to preview our classrooms, review curriculum samples, and have the opportunity to ask questions.
Advantages for History Center Members
Buy a family-level membership for as low as $55 to receive $25 off per week of camp. Early Bird prices offer members a chance to save an additional $25 per week for a total of $50 in savings. Plus, enjoy a year of free admission to the History Center for the whole family, discounts on education programs, invitations to special events, and more!
Learn about History Center membership here.
Step 1: Select Your Camp
Click on the camp of your choice on the chart. A new page will open with the camp date and age level. History Center members should sign in or register on the site at this point. Fill in the quantity field – if you have one child, enter 1, for example – and click on the “Register” button. The full price will first be shown on the form, but early-bird and History Center member discounts will automatically apply before you complete your transaction.
NOTE: In order to balance the sizes of all our camp groups and keep them at safe levels, we are allowing 8-year-olds into camp groups with children who are 9-11.
|Week/Dates||Ages 6-8||Ages 9-11|
|1||June 1 – 4*||Order in the Court||Order in the Court|
|2||June 7 – 11||Fantastical Florida||Fantastical Florida|
|3||June 14 – 18||Theme Park Thrills||Theme Park Thrills|
|4||June 21 – 25||Digging Up History||Digging Up History|
|5||June 28 – July 2||Frontier Florida||Frontier Florida|
|6||July 5 – 9||To History and Beyond||To History and Beyond|
|7||July 12 – 16||Junior Curator||Junior Curator|
|8||July 19– 23||Wild Florida||Wild Florida|
|9||July 26 – 30||Adventures in Art||Adventures in Art|
|10||August 2 – 6||History Time Warp||History Time Warp|
Step 2: Register for Additional Camps (if desired)
If you’re registering a child or children for multiple camps, simply return to the chart and choose each camp separately. Click on the camp you desire and repeat Step 1.
Near the top right corner, you’ll see an option to auto-fill information from previous registrations. You’ll need to repeat the registration-information process for each additional camp. When registration is complete for all camps, click on “Update Cart” and check out.
Summer Camp Scholarship Opportunities
The History Center is pleased to offer scholarship opportunities for our Summer Camp program for 2021. Camp offers great experiences for children to explore their creativity, expand their imaginations, and enhance their knowledge of the world around them. Scholarships cover full tuition (7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.) and a camp T-shirt.
- Children ages 6-11 with documented financial need.
- Applicants may apply for siblings or multiple children, with a limit of one week of camp per child. (Additional weeks may be awarded pending availability.)
- Complete the History Center Scholarship Application here. One application can be used if applying for siblings or multiple children.
- Written documentation demonstrating financial need. This may include but is not limited to a letter from an official social service agency or participation in Florida’s Food Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA), or a free or reduced-cost lunch program. After completing online registration, please email the documentation to Amanda.Parishwalters@ocfl.net.
- Scholarships will be awarded the week prior to the beginning of a camp session and cannot be guaranteed further in advance. Recipients will be notified by 5 p.m. on Thursday afternoons about camp sessions that begin the following Monday and must confirm their attendance by 1 p.m. on Friday.
- Scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
If you are experiencing difficulty with the online application, please call the History Center’s Education Department at 407-836-8580. Educators can assist families in completing scholarship applications.