Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Orange County Regional Regional History Center
Full/Part-Time: Full-Time (On-site)
Application Deadline: December 15 or until the position is filled
TO APPLY: Please visit www.ocfl.net. Click on the employee tab, then career opportunities, and then external applicants. Search for job ID 30597 and click on the link. You will then be directed to apply for this specific job posting.
The Orange County Regional History Center is seeking a highly qualified individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant. The History Center is a national multi-award-winning, AAM accredited, and Smithsonian affiliated institution centered around its mission to serve as the gateway for community engagement, education, and inspiration by preserving and sharing Central Florida’s continually unfolding story.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the executive director and staff of the History Center. This role has responsibility for scheduling, correspondence and communication, crafting meeting minutes, and otherwise ensuring smooth operations.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Performs various complex administrative duties supporting executive director.
- Composes, proofreads, and edits museum correspondence, documents, memos, spreadsheets, minutes, logs, and reports.
- Serves as a switchboard for general museum communications via telephone and/or e-mail.
- Provides administrative support for any board or committee established in connection with the History Center. Records and transcribes formal board minutes.
- Schedules, coordinates, and prepares meetings and agendas; conducts research, collects, and provides support materials, coordinates staff reports and prepares consolidation of reports for use by appropriate staff.
- Assists with both internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Ensures adherence to best standards, principles, and practices for museums.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent and four years of secretarial or administrative experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Have a high attention to detail that requires minimal oversight and correction. Ability to exercise good judgement, appropriate discretion, and confidentiality in the workplace.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Energetic, personable, courteous, and professional when engaging staff, patrons, and the community.
- Effective and exceptional written and verbal communication skills with both internal teams and external stakeholders.
The Orange County online application, in addition to a cover letter and resume, must be completed for a candidate to be considered. Complete work history, including internships and volunteer positions must be included in the online application or it will be deemed incomplete and may not pass screening. Please include a cover letter and resume as a single PDF document during submission.
The above description and qualifications are not all-inclusive and represent a majority of the key responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned as required to fulfill the directives of the strategic plan or the museum. Work environment is mostly in an office setting; must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
*Final candidates must successfully pass a background screening and fingerprinting, must be able to live and work in the United States, and will be required to pass a drug test. Interview and relocation expenses are not offered.
Hours Per Week: 40 hours, exempt, onsite
Schedule: Generally, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday, evenings and weekends may be required for special events.
Primary Work Location: Orange County Regional History Center, 65 E. Central Blvd., Orlando, FL 32801.
Salary: $18.39 to $29.74
*Potential salary exceeding the minimum is evaluated by Human Resources and the Department Director