Visitor Experience Associate
Application Deadline: 10/28/2023
Pay: $17.50/hour, parking provided
Location Address: Orange County Regional History Center, 65 East Central Blvd, Orlando, FL 32801
Application Process (Please read carefully): Please visit www.ocfl.net. Click on the employee tab, then career opportunities, and then external applicants. Search for job ID 32986 and click on the link. You will then be directed to apply for this specific job posting.
Job Description: The Visitor Experience Associate will play a key role in providing a high-quality and engaging experience for all museum visitors and guests. This position greets all incoming visitors, assists with special events, and also supports the gift shop.
Position is part-time, hourly/non-exempt at 15-23 hours weekly, shift hours may include, but aren’t limited to, Monday thru Saturday, 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, Sundays 11:30 am to 5:30 pm, some evening or weekend hours will be required. This position is with the Historical Society of Central Florida. No other benefits received except for parking.
Reports To: Visitor Experience & Events Manager
- Provide an exceptional visitor experience. This position represents the guests’ initial impression of the History Center. Whether face-to-face, over the phone, or email, this position will ensure visitors have a high-quality and engaging experience
- Process point-of-sale transactions and follow cash handling procedures for all admission and store sales, including selling memberships and accepting donations using Altru software
- Work with other visitor experience and museum staff and volunteers to support History Center special events and other activities
- Assist in maintaining facility to ensure high standards of safety, cleanliness, and appearance
- Assist in set-up, tear down, or running of special events or rentals
- Attend staff meetings and trainings on exhibits, activities, programs, procedures, and policies
- Demonstrates knowledge and good judgment in matters of policy, procedure, communication, and confidentiality
- Open and close exhibitions daily as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of associates degree and one year experience, or equivalent combined education & work history, preferably in a museum setting
- Minimum of 6 months experience with cash handling and/or point-of-sale processing
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a positive and friendly disposition
- Ability to achieve goals and results, prioritize work, solve problems independently and, work effectively under pressure, when necessary
- Ability to work nights and weekends as scheduled
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
The above description and qualifications are not all-inclusive and represents a majority of the key responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned in the course of activities as required to fulfill the directives of the museum and strategic plan. Work environment is primarily in the museum with some outdoor activity. Some moderate lifting.
*Final Candidates must pass a background check, including drug test and must be lawfully able to live and work in the United States.