Visitor Experience & Events Associate
Application Deadline: June 27, 2022 or until filled
Pay: $16.50/hour, full-time, non-exempt, benefits and parking provided
Employer: Historical Society of Central Florida
Location Address: Orange County Regional History Center, 65 East Central Blvd, Orlando, FL 32801
The Visitor Experience Associate will play a key role in providing a high-quality and engaging experience for all museum visitors and guests, as well as for events and rentals. This position greets all incoming visitors, assists with special events and set-ups, and also supports the gift shop.
Position is full-time, non-exempt and shift hours may include, but aren’t limited to, Monday thru Saturday, 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, Sundays 11:30 am to 5:30 pm, with evening or additional weekend hours required for special events.
Reports to: Visitor Experience & Events Manager
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide an exceptional visitor experience. This position represents the guest’s initial impression of the History Center. Whether face-to-face, over the phone, or email, this position will ensure visitors have a high-quality and engaging experience
- Process point-of-sale transactions and follow cash handling procedures for all admission and store sales, including selling memberships and accepting donations using Altru software
- Assists with coordination of public and private events including providing facility tours, event set-up and breakdown, planning logistics, vendor and client coordination, and staffing events
- Helps to create event advisories for internal purposes and associated parking forms or notifications
- Provide excellent customer service to anybody calling the main phone line
- Work with other visitor experience and museum staff and volunteers to support History Center special events and other activities
- Maintain facility to ensure high standards of safety, cleanliness, and appearance
- Attend staff meetings and trainings on exhibits, activities, programs, procedures, and policies
- Demonstrates knowledge and good judgment in matters of policy, procedure, communication, and confidentiality
- Open and close exhibitions as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of Associates degree or equivalent combined education & work history, preferably in a museum setting
- Minimum of 6 months experience with cash handling and/or point-of-sale processing
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a positive and friendly disposition
- Ability to achieve goals and results, prioritize work, solve problems independently and, work effectively under pressure, when necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills, particularly organizing events, managing timelines, meeting deadlines, and multi-tasking.
- Ideal candidate is to have experience in working weddings, corporate event/dinners, and outside events/festivals. Knowledge of catering and/or museum visitor services is preferred.
- Ability to work flexibly on nights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
The above description and qualifications are not all-inclusive and represents a majority of the key responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned in the course of activities as required to fulfill the directives of the museum and strategic plan. Work environment is primarily in the museum with some outdoor activity. Some moderate lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Final Candidates must successfully pass a background screening and fingerprinting, must be able to live and work in the United States, and will be required to pass a drug test. Interview and relocation expenses are not offered.
Application Process (Please read carefully)
Please send a cover letter and resume in either Word Doc or PDF format by e-mail to Lauren.Munoz@ocfl.net with subject line “Visitor Experience & Events Associate – Your Name.” No phone calls please.