Database and Administration Manager
Application Deadline:Until the position is filled
Pay: $17/hour, parking provided
Location Address: Orange County Regional History Center, 65 East Central Blvd, Orlando, FL 32801
Job Description: The Database and Administration Manager is responsible for management of the museum’s database-related activities, including Altru and constituent relationships. This position will develop, recommend, and implement processes and improvements with all museum departments to maintain consist and efficient databases.
The position is hourly/non-exempt at 25-28 hours weekly with future potential to become full-time. Shift hours may include, but are not limited to, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some evenings and weekend hours may be required for special events. The position does not receive benefits, except for parking. This position is employed by the Historical Society of Central Florida.
Reports to: Executive Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Blackbaud Altru system on behalf of all museum departments, including database management, calendars, reporting, analytics, data integrity, and troubleshooting. Also, adding events and programs, updating ticketing changes, and ensuring pricing, discounts, registration, and e-mail confirmations
- Create and manage the institution’s data-request queue to prioritize tasks and ensure timely completion. Includes determining appropriate set-up of appeals, managing online web forms, establishing target constituencies, generating timely progress reports, and reconciling transactions to ensure the flow of accurate and comprehensive data
- Manage all aspects of the data-entry interface, including the methods of gift entry, import processes, and reporting for Development, Membership, and Finance staff
- Manage constituent data including updates, additions, contacts, formatting, removing duplicates, updating mailing lists, etc.
- Oversee workflows and connect Altru with other systems and manage vendor relationships, including Mailchimp, Eventbrite, etc.
- Work closely with Finance staff on Altu integration with Financial Edge and mobile-payment systems, credit card readers, and other related tools. Assist with oversight of reconciliation of data for General Ledger and migration to Financial Edge. Ensure accuracy of financial reports and proper donor recognition in all external reports and adherence to all IRS and FASB regulations
- Lead cyclical database clean up and provide timely system and software updates, including monitoring service-level agreements with all teams, vendors, etc.
- Work with various departments to identify data needs and metrics; create systems for gathering constituent data and providing information for grant proposals, research, and evaluation activities
- Develop and maintain a series of fundamental reports that meet the needs of all museum teams and establish an ideal cadence of distribution to build transparency and support effective fiscal administration and cross-team communication
- Assist with payroll or deposits as needed
- Attend staff meetings and trainings on exhibits, activities, programs, procedures, and policies.
- Demonstrate knowledge and good judgment in matters of policy, procedure, communication, and confidentiality
- Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent combined education and work history, preferably in a museum setting
- Minimum of three years of experience in managing database systems, information technology, evaluation and research, or relevant experience; familiarity with Blackbaud Altru and Financial Edge a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices of nonprofit fundraising operations, gift entry and administration, donor stewardship, database administration, records management, and IRS regulations regarding charitable giving
- Commitment and ability to interact in a welcoming manner and provide excellent customer service to all museum constituents
- Excellent organizational skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks with minimal supervision, meeting deadlines, problem solving, and using logic and analysis to troubleshoot software problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare and deliver concise, understandable, and effective reports, presentations, and articles to a wide audience
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
The above description and qualifications are not all-inclusive and represent a majority of the key responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned in the course of activities as required to fulfill the directives of the museum and strategic plan. The work environment is primarily in the museum with some outdoor activity. Duties may include some moderate lifting.
*Final candidates must pass a background check and clear Homeland’s E-Verify system, including a drug test, and must be lawfully able to live and work in the United States.
Application Process (Please read carefully)
Please send a cover letter and resume in either Word Doc or PDF format by e-mail to Lauren.Munoz@ocfl.net with subject line “Database & Administration Manager – Your Name.” No phone calls please.