Visitor Experience & Membership Manager
Application Deadline: Until the position is filled
Pay: $17/hour, parking provided
Location Address: Orange County Regional History Center, 65 East Central Blvd., Orlando, FL 32801
Job Description: The Visitor Experience & Membership Manager will play a key role in providing a high-quality and engaging experience for all museum visitors and guests. This position greets museum patrons and welcomes them to the museum, assists with special events, assists in management of Visitor Experience staff and of the membership database, and also supports the gift shop.
The position is hourly/non-exempt at 25-28 hours weekly with future potential to become full-time. Shift hours may include, but aren’t limited to, Monday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sundays, 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Some evening or additional weekend hours may be required for special events. The position does not receive benefits, except for parking. This position is employed by the Historical Society of Central Florida.
Reports to: Business Manager/Staff Accountant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide an exceptional visitor experience. This position represents the guest’s initial impression of the History Center. Whether it is face-to-face, over the phone, or via email, this position will ensure visitors have a high-quality and engaging experience
- Manage and train Visitor Experience Associates and schedule their shifts
- Process point-of-sale transactions and follow cash-handling procedures for all admission and store sales, including selling memberships and accepting donations using Altru software
- Manage the museum’s membership program and its growth, including sales, renewals, acknowledgements, etc.
- Work with other Visitor Experience and museum staff and volunteers to support History Center special events and other activities
- Provide excellent customer service to anybody calling the main phone line
- Maintain the facility to ensure high standards of safety, cleanliness, and appearance
- Attend staff meetings and trainings on exhibits, activities, programs, procedures, and policies
- Demonstrate knowledge and good judgment in matters of policy, procedure, communication, and confidentiality
- Open and close exhibitions as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent combined education and work history, preferably in a museum setting
- Minimum of two years of experience in management
- Minimum of one year of experience with cash handling and/or point-of-sale processing
- Excellent customer-service skills and a positive and friendly disposition
- Ability to achieve goals and results, prioritize work, solve problems independently, and work effectively under pressure, when necessary
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
The above description and qualifications are not all-inclusive and represent a majority of the key responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned in the course of activities as required to fulfill the directives of the museum and strategic plan. The work environment is primarily in the museum with some outdoor activity. Duties may include some moderate lifting.
*Final candidates must pass a background check and clear Homeland’s E-Verify system, including a drug test, and must be lawfully able to live and work in the United States.
Application Process (Please read carefully)
Please send a cover letter and resume in either Word Doc or PDF format by e-mail to Lauren.Munoz@ocfl.net with subject line “Visitor Experience & Membership Manager – Your Name.” No phone calls please.