Marketing & Communications Manager
Application Deadline:Until the position is filled
Pay: $20/hour, parking provided
Location Address: Orange County Regional History Center, 65 East Central Blvd., Orlando, FL 32801
Job Description: The Marketing and Communications Manager provides oversight, coordination, and collaborative direction in communication strategy and essential operation tasks as they pertain to exhibitions, education, special events, membership, fundraising, and other internal and external institutional needs.
The position is hourly/non-exempt at 40 hours weekly with future potential to become full-time. Shift hours may include, but are not limited to, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some evening hours or weekends may be required for special events. The position does not receive benefits, except for parking. This position is employed by the Historical Society of Central Florida.
Reports to: Executive Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with internal departments to organize and oversee master marketing and content calendars coinciding with exhibitions, programs, fundraising campaigns, and events
- Oversee high-quality creative content for History Center communications, pieces including e-newsletters, brochures, flyers, social media, website, and all other communications
- With senior leadership, plan annual marketing buys and budget, as well as seek opportunities throughout the year
- Develop and maintain production schedule in collaboration with the creative team and other departments in order to drive projects and meet deadlines
- Work to grow social media audiences through engaging, mission-focused content, active participation within community, and targeted paid promotions
- Evaluate marketing campaign performance through utilization of digital analytics combined with audience reporting in order to measure effectiveness of media strategies
- Coordinate and manage relationships with outside vendors/agencies/contractors; including scheduling, budgeting, procurement, and billing
- Oversee website and blog updates; monitor and manage Google Adwords and Analytics
- Build ongoing public interest and support for the History Center though community outreach, partnerships, and collaborations
- Coordinate all media requests, publish and distribute media releases, and maintain updated media list, working with agencies/County Communications/Executive Director
- Review all communication for legal and grant compliance
- Schedule photography and documentation of spaces, exhibitions, events, and other needs
- Oversee Reflections magazine deadlines, printing, and mailing
- Demonstrate knowledge and good judgment in matters of policy, procedure, communication, and confidentiality
- Train and supervise marketing interns or volunteers
- Maintain all physical and digital files and databases related to marketing functions
- Perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, or related field, or equivalent combined education and work history, preferably in a museum setting
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in marketing, social media management, public relations, or similar with progressive responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Suite, Photoshop, WordPress, Altru or database software, Mailchimp, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, or similar products
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven project-management skills with ability to achieve successful results under nominal supervision
- Strong skills in writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, and professional printing/publishing
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends as necessary
- Valid driver’s license and ability to provide own transportation
The above description and qualifications are not all-inclusive and represent a majority of the key responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned in the course of activities as required to fulfill the directives of the museum and strategic plan. The work environment is primarily in the museum with some outdoor activity. Duties may include some moderate lifting.
*Final candidates must pass a background check and clear Homeland’s E-Verify system, including a drug test, and must be lawfully able to live and work in the United States.
Application Process (Please read carefully)
Please send a cover letter and resume in either Word Doc or PDF format by e-mail to Lauren.Munoz@ocfl.net with subject line “Marketing & Communications Manager – Your Name.” No phone calls please.